|A picnic basket, a rod with some new line (4 lbs), a utility knife, and a styrofoam cooler which we will fill with ice.|
here, and finally the staff were mighty helpful at our local outdoorsy shop here.
People who know me would have to ask, fishing? Really? Why?
· A travel substitute: we aren't going far this summer but we can still have adventures.
· There's a real lesson in getting food on the table without going to the supermarket. And I'm never going to get into hunting. Berry picking probably. But never hunting.
· Any excuse to get outside and hang out in nature where we don't have to worry about traffic and other urban annoyances. Oh, there'll be other things to worry about, of course, and won't that be refreshing.
· Hubs has very fond memories of fishing as a boy.
· I may squeal like a girl a lot and that will be somewhat entertaining to the kid.
Can't wait. Wish us luck.