Well, it's been over a year now since we visited London. And we miss it a lot. Here, in no particular order, are Spud's most missed spots:
· Hamley's Toy Shop: The 250 year old, multiple floor toy store was an obvious favourite. Spud found his treasured toy Tube trains there.
· Tower Bridge — where Spud got a tick on his life list, which was a 2-parter it turns out.
· The Tower of London — where spotting royalty was but one reason it left a lasting impression.
· The Tube — a true obsession.
· Big Ben. Although the first thing he said when he saw it in person was "It's not as big as I thought it would be". We have since learned though, that it is the 3rd tallest free-standing clock in the world and over 150 years old.
· The British Museum. Ancient Egypt and Greece. The Rosetta Stone. Clock, clocks, and more clocks. And a jaw dropping space.
· Harry Potter Studio Tour
· The London Eye
· Science Museum — Points to those who know what this is ...
· Bet you can't guess Spud's favourite part of the Tate Modern
· The Playground we stumbled across on our way to the Tower of London
· V & A
· And then there was that little kids Bookstore that someone directed us to ... a skinny shop ... with a few floors. No idea where it was now or what it was called. We enjoyed at least an hour there, browsing and picking out a few to take home. Not sure if it's on this list but we will take it with if we go again, it looks like a good one.
For all our London posts, click here.